Aviation Safety Officer
The Mission Integration Division under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Aviation Safety Officer with a TS/SCI clearance for a program in Chantilly, VA.
You will be working as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of our customer's operations organization. As an Aviation Safety Officer, you will work in partnership with the government customer in establishing, managing and maintaining an aviation safety program and must meet our high standards of aviator skill, safety, professionalism, and customer focus.
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 8-12 years relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required to be considered for this position. An active TS/SCI with polygraph is highly desired.
- At least four (4) years of recent experience managing a structured aviation safety program; or extensive experience as an aviator, controller, or crew member that has operated within the guidelines of a structured aviation safety program.
- Experience producing measurable accident prevention procedures (e.g. proficiency evaluations, hazard analyses, fatigue management)
- Experience responding to aircraft accidents and incidents to include aircraft accident/incident reporting, a response plan, or participated in exercises that tested established response plans
- Experience providing procedures for managing risk to an optimum level using risk analysis and risk management to identify and mitigate hazards
- An in-depth understanding and experience of Crew Resource Management (CRM) training with an emphasis on principles and concepts that improve crew performance and flight safety
- Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management or sponsors.
- Graduated from an aviation safety officer course provided by a recognized training provider and authority in aviation safety
- Prior experience designing, developing, delivering and maintaining learning solutions
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.