The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for Security Specialist in San Diego, CA
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as the Sr. Security Specialist supporting multiple programs simultaneously in accordance with the NSM, ICD’s, NISPOM Supplement and other government regulations.
• Responsible for implementing and providing clear security guidance to employees and subcontractors.
• Perform physical, personnel and administrative security responsibilities for multiple facilities, when required, and which often calls for requests to government security regarding accreditations, personnel actions, AIS transmissions and working with other government facility sponsors to draft co-use agreements and MOU/MOAs for shared facilities.
• Work as a team player, exhibit flexibility, and excellent organizational skills. Take independent action when warranted or in the absence of the AFSO.
• Team with Program Managers in interpreting, applying and complying with Security Classification Guides (SCGs)
• Assisting with Proposal Writing and Contract Closeouts.
• Must have knowledge of COMSEC and Customer’s Automated Information System Security (AISS) policy and procedures.(SIMS and DIAS)
• Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings, as appropriate.
• Sr. Security Specialist will independently navigate complex problems, must have a willingness to learn new techniques and accomplish tasks through self-study.
• Represent Leidos while conducting liaison between Leidos, government sponsors and subcontractors.
• Conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
• Ability to respond to non-business hours alarm activations or building emergencies
• Requires a BA degree and 4 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
• Knowledge of multiple Security Functional Areas and Technical Writing Capabilities
• An understanding of security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. ICDs, and NISPOM).
• Top Secret. Ability to meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Industry certifications, Security organization affiliation or memberships preferred, but not required.
• COMSEC Course Completion.
• Completion of DSS Academy FSO courses or equivalent training required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.