Leidos is seeking a Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Engineer to support a space mission in NASA’s GNSS, Navigation and Mission Systems program. The Engineer hired for this position will work on FPGA development for SSE racks interfacing with Flight Computer and other boxes to test their functionality. The engineer would interface with SSE hardware and software team, system engineers and end customer. Activities include test bench development, RTL module development, CDC checks, Linting, documentation, lab testing with help of software.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop FPGA for SEE racks interfacing with Flight Computer and other boxes to test their functionality
- Interface with SSE hardware and software team, systems engineers and the end customer
- Test bench development
- RTL module development
- CDC checks
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12-15 years of professional experience including a minimum 4 years of Electrical Engineering experience with an emphasis on digital design, including FPGA development
- Proficient with Mentor Graphics tools
- Experience with industry standard CAE (computer-aided engineering) tools for electrical engineering as well as EE lab equipment, such as ISE or Vivado, Modelsim or QuestaSim, Oscilloscopes
- Self-checking testbench development
- FPGA development flow (ISE or Vivado)
- CDC and lilting
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work in team environment
- SOC development (PS/PL interface, AXI buses, DMA)
- C/C++, scripting (TCL)
- High speed SERDES busses (PCIe/Ethernet)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.