The QRC AISR Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Perform static, linear structural analysis for modifications to FAR Part 23 and Part 25 aircraft
- Analyze metals, non-metallic, and composite structures using both Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and classical hand calculation methodology
- Write structural test plans, test reports, and structural reports
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) design/drafting
- Check and approve analyses and drawings of other engineers
- Review and approve deviation request and non-conformance reports
- Providing technical inputs to mechanical designs during all phases of the design
- Responsible for analysis and feedback multiple design projects simultaneously, utilizing sound project management principles to prioritize work to meet cost, schedule, and quality objectives
- Present analysis assumptions and results during internal and external design reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering with 2 years of experience; an additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, and standing
- Familiarity with FEA and CAD software
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance
- Proficient knowledge of FEMAP and SolidWorks
- CFD, damage tolerance, vibration, fatigue, and/or thermal analysis experience
- Experience with Army Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED) and NAVAIR requirements
- Active Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.