Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a Senior Field Service Engineer to support Varec’s customers in Southern California, and other U.S. areas. The qualified candidate for this position will provide on-site and remote support to Varec customers for Tank Gauging and Liquid Inventory Management Systems.
Position will be based out of southern CA (primary preferred), southern Nevada western Arizona (secondary preferred).
• Install, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic instrument and systems related to data acquisition and inventory control at customer locations.
• Provide support and training on Varec Tank Gauging equipment and systems to Customers, Sales Representatives and internal resources.
• Must maintain an in-depth knowledge of products and solutions.
• Coordinates with Engineering, Development, Sales, and Customer Support as needed to address customer issues or inquiries.
• Complete accurate and timely Field Service Reports for customer invoicing.
• Comply with all Leidos, Varec and customer EH&S policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Maintain tools and inventory necessary for customer support.
• Responsible for generating work schedule to maintain customer commitments and achieve billed utilization target.
• This position requires extensive travel, domestic and international, and may include travel to high-risk areas. Differential allowances (Hazardous and Hardship Pay) may apply for hours worked while on travel to certain areas, as specified by DoD guidelines.
• Nominal 75% to 90% Domestic Travel.
• Minimum BS degree and 4+ years of experience. Associates/technical degree and 2 years of equivalent experience, or 4 years of equivalent experience, can be substituted in lieu of BS degree.
• Proficient in the use of schematics and technical documentation.
• Proficient with multiple PC operating systems and applications.
• Experience with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• General understanding of data communication protocols, electrical systems and electronic circuits.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• General understanding of business activities related to order processing and invoicing for work performed.
• Must have general knowledge and experience to be able to handle unusual and seldom occurring job events with minimal assistance.
• Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software system related issues.
• Must have great communication skills, be self-motivated, attentive to detail, possess the ability to work independently, and have excellent organizational skills
• Candidate must be capable of and willing to follow agency and company procedures.
• Able to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC ®).
• Working knowledge of Varec software and hardware products and services.
• Experience with PLC, SCADA, DCS, or other automation and control systems or components.
• Skilled in the use of schematics and technical documentation.
• In-depth understanding of data communication protocols, electrical systems and electronic circuit
• Familiarity with petroleum industry business practices and standards. To include but not limited to refineries, airports, light product, pipeline, and asphalt terminals.
• Experience in the setup, operation, maintenance and repair of multiple types of electronic and mechanical level, pressure and temperature instrumentation.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.