No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a highly experienced candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a program and policy advisor. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise to federal program managers, senior executives, and staff. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated strategic and programmatic management in the national nuclear weapons programs developed during engagement with federal and defense agencies.
This person is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities. This person will also assist with business development and establishing new relationships.
- Working with our federal customers, developing complex strategic and program execution pathways and communicating these to internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to federal program managers and senior executives regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to requirements and negotiated metrics.
- Providing situational analysis and advising federal managers on matters pertaining to program planning and integration.
- Reviewing and commenting on reports, strategic plans, and other significant communications regarding the nuclear enterprise.
- Assisting Leidos business managers to capture additional work-scope.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Master’s degree in science or engineering.
• Minimum 20 years of related program management and technical experience in military, government, or corporate construction, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
• Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management, senior leadership, and members of Congress and their staff.
• Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
• Nuclear weapon and delivery platform program experience.
• Experience with the range of administrative laws, policies, and regulations, and business practices applicable to the management of stockpile management activities.
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.