Leidos is seeking a Senior Power Systems Electrical Engineer to provide support for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC III) with respect to power engineering.
In this role you will:
- Provide engineering consultation for compliance with FAA and industry standards and best practices and provide recommendations for solutions in all phases of the system’s lifecycle including: contract, policy, site survey, design and design review, and implementation.
- Participate in the development, administration, management, logistic, and strategy of project planning and implementation
- Perform engineering design, calculation and drawing, and analysis.
- Experience with some or all of the following are required: short circuit coordination, arc flash studies, engine generator, UPS, grounding, lightning protection.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Power engineering experience is a must. Other electrical engineering disciplines may be considered but must have strong knowledge of power systems.
- Recent experience in using power systems tools such as SKM and engineering drawing tool such as AutoCAD.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Knowledge of national/international/government standards and orders on power system design and technologies, short circuit coordination, arc flash studies, engine generator, UPS and other systems
- Knowledge of FAA systems, technical policies, standards and orders.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.