The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent opening for a Journeyman Network Engineer to work in Afghanistan. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support of the Base Expeditionary Targeting Surveillance Systems – Combined (BETSS-C).
- Execute BETSS-C related network engineering design, test, and repairs in both garrison and field environments.
- Make direct liaison with active US Army, US Army Reserve, and US National Guard units to conduct network related maintenance.
- Interface directly with original equipment manufacturers for external support or maintenance actions that exceed contractor capabilities.
- Research and gather relevant project data, contribute to the development of technical documentation and equipment readiness reports, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Interface with military units and conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance site visits.
- Use an automated logistics management system to generate, track, update, and close out maintenance work orders, provide reporting as required, and maintain accountability of property.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, calibrate, and perform quality control for BETSS-C equipment.
- Complete inspections of unit equipment and open and track work orders.
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous material regulations.
- Travel to military sites and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Conduct equipment inventories.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications
- Performs fundamental engineering duties in preliminary designs, performing tests, taking measurements and performing system analyses or simulations.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific engineering assignments.
- Prepares data and contributes to test reports.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 or more years of relevant technical experience. 10 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have the technical background and skills to perform in all phases of network design, installation, testing and troubleshooting.
- Relevant and recent BETSS-C systems network engineering experience at the journeyman-level.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.