Leidos, Inc. is seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator to support the Civil Group. Seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. The selected candidate will report to the Associate Contracts Director and support contract management activities in support of a diverse portfolio of contracts.
The Senior Contracts Administrator will provide overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws. Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts.
Location for this position will be in Northern VA.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Review and analyze solicitations for potential risks, including compliance with requirements.
- This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) contract management activities.
- Portfolio will be primarily federal contracts, but may also include commercial, and international contracts.
- Provide advice and counsel to Group counterparts and other Contracts staff.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develop or review prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability.
- Coordinate closely with the Subcontracts Administrators assigned to program to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives.
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
- Usually requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts arena with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types (CPIF, CPFF, FFP, T&M, etc.) and a in-depth understanding of FAR/DFAR.
-Excellent time management, organizational, and analytical skills, including solving problems and mitigating risks.
- Knowledge in government contracts, municipal, and commercial contracts.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Experience as Contracts lead on large proposals is required.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Currently hold OR ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret Level Security Clearance.
- Experience managing contracts with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and/or Transportation Security Administration (TSA) preferred.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.