No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos DC-based cyber team is tasked to support a federal customer located in Washington, DC. The team works 7am-7pm, 7 days per week, so shift (day) schedule may vary and can be discussed with management for optimal arrangement. As part of our high-performing team you will perform the following duties:
- The team will hunt for malicious activity using the following sources and tools : Sources - IDS alerts, Network traffic and logs, Endpoint logs, Web Server logs, and Packet Captures.
- The team will deliver summary reports/analysis for findings to federal staff and/or other cyber team as directed by government.
- The team will perform searches for customer-specific IOCs upon request and conduct analysis of artifacts for IOCs as provided by this customer.
- The team will provide intelligence data leveraging central intelligence tool (already in place) for dissemination and collaboration.
- The team may, as needed, create dashboards, save queries, and other develop /mechanisms to enhance the team’s capabilities.
- 1+ years Splunk experience/exposure
- SOC Analyst experience
- 1 or more relevant certifications, including Splunk Fundamentals 1 or 2, Cyber Security Analyst+ (CySA+), Incident Handling certification, CEH, etc.
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Length of job: 12-15 months
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.