Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Communication System Engineer to support EW programs in either our Arlington,VA office or Chantilly, VA office.
Under general supervision, this individual will work on project teams that conceive, analyze, design, implement, test, and deploy software-based solutions for modern communications systems. Implementation includes algorithm development, hardware control, system optimization and deployment strategies. This position requires a high degree of autonomy and involves direct interaction with end users and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other equivalent field of discipline and 8+ years of experience
• Demonstrated capability in scientific programming with C, C++, Python, MATLAB
• Strong background in DSP technologies and/or in communications theory
• Knowledge of DSP concepts including multi-rate filtering, FFT/IFFT, signal conditioning
• Knowledge of communications concepts including MIMO, OFDM, QPSK, spread spectrum, interleaving, error correction codes, signal detection, synchronization
• Practical hands-on experience implementing custom communication waveforms into COTS Software Defined Radio (SDR)
• SECRET level clearance
• Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of discipline
• 10+ years of experience in practical system development, deployment and leading others
• VHDL or FPGA experience
• Strong RF system design experience for wireless communications
• Satellite communications
• Cellular communications systems
• Modern modulation schemes
• Wireless Communications
• Wireless Networking
• DSP Algorithm Development
• Electronic Warfare
• Radar Systems
• SIGINT Systems
• Interference canceling
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.