Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees.
Leidos is a leader in using advanced technology to support land, air and maritime forces, government ministries, and border and security agencies globally.
Based in our Whiteley office the Client Services Team Lead will be responsible for leading a team of around 10 second line Support Engineers providing a customer centred driven experience to around 1500 users based in the UK/EU across multiple offices including remote workers as part of a global team. Ensuring problems are handled in a timely and efficient manner, whilst maintaining high customer service standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading the team ensuring the client is at the centre of our mission, putting the customer experience first
- Lead the team in investigating issues logged by users on the Service Desk
- Ensure the end user is updated by the team with progress via the appropriate communication method and the helpdesk tickets are furnished with notes / progress.
- Ensure helpdesk tickets are prioritised based on business impact and are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Escalate support incidents when necessary and in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Identify common issues and investigate / implement long term fixes, rather than piecemeal ‘workarounds’.
- Be a focal point for the team operating and excelling within guidelines, meeting SLA’s and completing work to a high standard in a timely fashion.
- Manage our on boarding/off boarding process ensuring new hires have the best possible experience across the business
- Supervise account creation and suspension tasks as required; ensuring that standards and procedures are followed.
- All new hardware and software is ready prior to new hire start
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure successful experience for new hires and manager
- Lead Client Services Continuous Improvement process
- By continuously adding new articles / information to the Client Services documentation and information repository, updating existing information as necessary over time.
- The creation and maintenance of policies, procedures and playbooks ensuring that standards are maintained and excelled with procedures followed.
- Actively look for any continuous improvement opportunities to improve our service offering, encourage and motivate the team in CSI benefits
- Project work
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure successful delivery of assigned projects and benefits with effective communication and collaboration
- Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) where required
- Ensure software licensing policies are followed at all times.
- Manage IT stock across the UK
- Maintain stock levels in a just in time format providing the most cost effective use of resources whilst ensuring all business requirements are fulfilled to the satisfaction of the customer
- Liaise with Asset Manager ensuring team follow asset management process
- Assume delegated managerial duties in the absence of the Client Services IT Manager. Assist with recruitment process and interview/selection
- Successful management of the staff rotas ensuring full UK operational coverage
- Mentor and nature new staff in Client Services by training and motivating
- Be first point of contact for any technical escalations within the team
- Oversee the processes for the issuing and support of IT for home and Mobile Workers.
Skills and Experience required
- Confident communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds and levels
- Team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel
- Able to excel at being a team player including working in virtual teams
- Innovative thinker with a keenness to suggest, discuss and implement improvements
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Self-starter with self-motivation and target driven
- Able to demonstrate analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to identify root cause and implement controlled changes
- Experience in a technical support role, ideally second line / customer-facing
- Experience in communications and interfacing peripherals to computer hardware
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Proven ability to learn about new and complex products and services quickly
- Ability to produce clear, concise, technical reports
- Leading a Virtual team based around the UK.
- Managing stock control and performing weekly checks to ensure stock levels are maintained at the correct levels
- Managing multiple workstreams and ticket queues
- Supervise and coach junior staff, reviewing any documentation created by the team
- Windows 10 Desktop Operating System
- Active Directory
- Basic Networking / TCP IP / Broadband Setup
- Remote Desktop
- Endpoint encryption and protection
- Microsoft Office
- Skype Enterprise Voice
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Mobile Telephony
Desirable Skills and Experience
- ITIL qualifications beneficial
- Experience working within an ITIL environment
- Exposure to a large enterprise environment working in a US centred company
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.