Leidos is seeking a Senior Mission Operations Systems Engineer to support exciting projects with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, CA.
The successful candidate will be a member of the leadership team responsible for planning, developing and deploying the mission system. Along with providing technical leadership in the implementation, I&T and transition of operations products. This is a position for an energetic and multi-disciplined mission engineer who is customer-focused, articulate, reacts well to changes, can multi-task, and work well independently and within a team environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Functional architecture design description
- Mission System internal and external interface definition
- Development of mission operations processes and procedures
- Lead development of the mission system timelines and operational activities
- Leading design efforts as needed to conduct trades or resolve technical issues
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- An active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Direct experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience in applicable DoD policies and procedures pertaining to Ground Systems and Mission Operations.
- Experience in working DoD external technical interfaces.
- Experience in complex ground systems.
- Experience with Linux and Python.
- Has significant experience leading teams to develop effective mission systems.
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in mission system products including mission operations system architecture; trade studies; requirements definition, flow down, and validation; developing interface definitions; and developing mission operations processes and procedures.
- Proven record in developing [two or more of the following areas]: operations concepts, scenarios, requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Proven ability to work effectively with program space system engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to perform highly complex and unique job functions and activities, including working in concert with system engineers to provide solutions that meet their needs.
- Proven ability to develop innovative CONOPs leveraging from available capabilities.
- Must have proactive team building strategies, excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and review technical documentation, and to productively interface with all levels of management.
- Extensive ground system experience.
- Multi-discipline technical knowledge relating to space system, ground system, and operations development.
- Knowledge of operability issues and space-ground trades.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in system engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to make trades involving spacecraft operability, mission science return, and risk. In-depth knowledge of risk management.
- Prior experience working in a 24x7, high-availability, operations engineering environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.