Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Software Systems Engineer on our Leidos-led program in Annapolis Junction, MD. Come work in our state of the art Leidos facility!
As a Software Systems Engineer you will have the opportunity to participate on a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides software design, development, and component testing to an important customer in the cyber arena. More specifically, it has been the development contract for a major systems acquisition program within the one of the DoD's premier Cyberwarfare organizations to modernize the infrastructure used for managing its mission. This group of elite Cyber professionals is now focused on developing the next generation of cutting-edge Computer Network Operations (CNO) mission management capabilities.
- Managing external system dependencies
- User interviews with external dependencies
- Requirement verification
- Resolving policy issues & identification of policies
- System Design – CNO domain knowledge is desired but not required
- Document the design – diagrams, written material, etc.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- In lieu of Bachelors Degree two relevant certifications will be required and will be considered on a case by case basis
- Ten (10) years of programming experience using modern software environments such as Java
- A firm understanding of modern computer programming with a minimum of ten (10) years experience in programming and providing direction for the design and development of application software for complex systems; software testing as well as solving varied software related problems; and generating and reviewing software design for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget and schedule.
Desired Professional Experience:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, will not apply toward the ten (10) years experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.