The Leidos Intelligence Division is currently seeking a Agile System Engineer to support a highly visible fast paced Leidos prime contract in Fort Meade, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
The successful candidate will assist software development teams in establishing an Agile development approach to analytic development. They will assist in setting up epics and user stories, establishing sprint rhythms and setting up backlogs. The candidate will monitor progress of teams and provide additional coaching to assist the teams as they transition to an Agile development environment. The candidate will also assist government technical leadership, researching new approaches to solving difficult problems, developing analyses of alternative approaches, system architecture frameworks and other over-arching engineering issues that would impact the organization.
What you will like about this position…
- Working in a dynamic environment, assisting multiple development teams to either start anew in an Agile environment or simply honing existing processes
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce
- Being part of the team that is developing the future environment for the teams, from the platforms utilized to the architecture framework used to develop the software
- Bachelor's Degree and at least eight (8) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid- to large-scale (e.g., ONEROOF - PINWALE, integration programs)
- Experience in setting up scrum-based Agile development environments
- Experience in developing software development frameworks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Agile certification (SCRUM Master)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.