Leidos is searching for a Deployment Coordinator to support a program onsite in Reston, VA. An active TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance is required in order to be considered for this position. The selected candidate will support a variety of operational efforts for USG. The position is part of a team that supports many travel requirements. The individual will be responsible for the smooth transition of personnel on the program from home office to meet travel requirements. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, review of operational traffic, drafting official messages, scheduling and oversight of all travel arrangements and accommodations, confirming pre-deployment training requirements are met, and assisting personnel through the deployment process. The candidate must have strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to coordinate effectively with various offices and agencies in the US Intelligence Community. Individuals must have excellent operational judgment and be able to respond quickly to high priority data with minimal supervision.
- Scan operational traffic and highlight content relevant to program interests
- Draft official messages pertaining to the coordination of employee travel in support of program requirements
- Monitor progress of coordination for upcoming official travel; alert management to any projected challenges or shortfalls
- Populate and maintain a program personnel tracking database.
- Communicate with counterparts throughout the USG to coordinate employee travel in support of program requirements
- Work with program 1st-line managers to ensure employees are well-informed prior to official travel and that program travel requirements are met
- Create and maintain travel coordination correspondence and database prototypes
- Cross train with other travel team members to act as backup to their primary functions, including reservations support, travel documentation support, and program finance support
- Notify new hires of deployment criteria and validate all pre-deployment criteria have been met.
- REQUIRED SKILLS: ACTIVE TS/SCI w/ Polygraph. Candidates must be familiar with official message and IC report writing styles and specific USG classified databases. Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision. Candidates must have knowledge of domestic and foreign travel requirements and be familiar with customer travel policies and procedures.
- DESIRED SKILLS: Candidates should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and operate in a fast paced, demanding environment. Good communication and customer service skills are needed along with ability to successfully process high volume travel requirements. Ability to approach each task – new or recurring – with a critical perspective and in the context of the greater set of objectives, is highly desired.
Experience & Education
- BA or BS required
- 8+ years of experience in related field, or other regional/functional expertise in areas of interest to USG
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.