Leidos is currently hiring a Senior Java Developer on our SSA ITSSC II program in Windsor Mill, MD to perform complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolve issues within Object-oriented application systems applying the skills and experience with technologies listed below. The candidate will work with Document Imaging technologies such as OCR, PDF, TIFF, image formats, image compression, image manipulation etc.
You will exercise strong solution design skills and the ability to document, communicate, and implement the designs patterns they utilize. Our Senior Java Developer writes technical white papers and document the design of proposed and new system, as well as reverse engineering existing systems. You will demonstrate their strong oral and written communications skills to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables.
You will be developing, maintaining, and supporting applications and computer/network operating system and other system software for the enterprise. You will also have prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust requirements, code, test, and implement proposed systems.
- Bachelors' degree plus 8 years' experience; or Masters' degree plus 6 years's experience; experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Experience with Document Imaging technologies such as OCR, PDF, TIFF, image formats, image compression, image manipulation etc.
- Experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within Object-oriented application systems.
- Expert Java developer having expertise in JEE technologies, JSP, JDBC, and WebSphere.
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Struts 2, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Junit, and JIDE.
- Experience with SOAP/RESTful web service technologies and security.
- Experience with Java Web Start and Java Network Launch Protocol (JNLP).
- Strong XML processing experience such as XSD, XPath, XSL, and XSLT.
- Experience with development tools such as Rational Application Developer, Ant, and Maven.
- Experience with, or exposure to, Document Imaging products such as Nuance OCR and PDF tools.
- Exposure to mainframe environments for WebSphere deployments
- Experience with version control software such as MKS and Git/Bitbucket.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.