Leidos is looking to hire a Mid-level Technical Administrator to support a new opportunity in Bellevue, NE.
Mid-level level technical administrative person whose duties and responsibilities include activities related to technical administration of program areas. Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
- Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Performs network maintenance.
- Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks.
- Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software.
- Works with Security to develop processes and resolve classified data spillage incidents.
- Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers and IT management.
- Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction and ensures all tickets are being resolved within defined timelines.
- Coordinates with management to evaluate and/or develop SLAs that satisfy customer requirements.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
- Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues.
- Manages new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- Spends significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Bachelor's degree with 6-8 years of IT support experience; OR an Master’s degree 4-6 years technical support experience.
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
- Candidates must have a current DOD Secret clearance (or higher) with an original adjudication, or a periodic reinvestigation date, completed within the last 6 years in order to be considered
- Must have experience troubleshooting, installing, and configuring Desktops running Windows OS (including Windows 10), as well as the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
- Experience with remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs
- Experience with WebLogic & Oracle DB
- Experience with LDAP
- Experience with Visio
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with zero and/or thin client devices
- Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts
- Cross-platform experience (i.e. two or more of the following: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.)
- Experience supporting VMware VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.