Leidos is looking to hire a Junior Technical Administrator to support a new opportunity in Bellevue, NE.
Junior level technical administrative person whose duties and responsibilities include activities related to technical administration of program areas. Job requires frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, standards and a general application of concepts, and principles. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks, develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance. Employee works with only very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
- Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Performs basic PC setups.
- Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks.
- Maintains trouble logs.
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software.
- Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
- Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
- Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues for resolution.
- Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated).
- Resolves tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
- Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years of IT support experience; OR an Master’s degree with 1-2 years of IT support experience
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
- Must have experience troubleshooting, installing, and configuring Desktops running Windows OS (including Windows 10), as well as the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
- Candidates must have a current DOD Secret clearance (or higher) with an original adjudication, or a periodic reinvestigation date, completed within the last 6 years in order to be considered
- Experience with remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs
- Experience with WebLogic & Oracle DB
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with zero and/or thin client devices
- Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts
- Cross-platform experience (i.e. two or more of the following: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.