The Government Health and Safety Solutions (GH&SS) Operations is seeking a Release Train Engineer to support a program for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in Baltimore/Rockville, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Release Train Engineer position include but not limited to the following:
· Collaborates with Project Manager and Project Architect as well as other stakeholders to ensure alignment of technical strategy, business strategy, and execution
· Responsible for planning/execution of project/release train initiatives. Facilitates release and increment planning meetings
· Works closely with the team scrum master to provide coordination of all release-related activities and documentation. Ensure that dependencies and risks are identified, tracked, and overcome so that external and internal stakeholder commitments are met.
· Responsible for Control Account (CA) Management. Full responsibility for managing cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned control account(s), including:
o Creates integrated cost and schedule baseline for assigned areas and utilizes tools to resource load the schedules.
o Verifies and controls costs charged to the Control Account. Flows down CA work scope and tasking to staff via the Work Authorization Document (WAD).
o Conducts monthly formal cost and schedule variance analysis and develops recovery plans as necessary.
o Performs Monthly Estimate to Complete (ETC) based on remaining work scope and budget ceilings.
o Presents CA status and plans to Earned Value stakeholders at Monthly Earned Value Management Review
· Performs risk assessment on and manages dependencies for work activities. Identifies mitigation plans and incorporates into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) as appropriate.
· Collaborates with RTEs for other projects and external stakeholders to coordinate and communicate dependencies.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 years or more of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
· Proven experience working in large, complex projects and integrated product teams
· Demonstrated understanding of Earned Value Management principles
· Proven experience with Schedule and EVM tracking and reporting, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
· Proven experience with EPLC documentation and the stage gate process
· Hands on experience with software development program execution
· Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
· Demonstrated understanding of engineering fields
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers
· Experience with Agile Development tools (JIRA, Confluence)
· Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Project for tracking and resource loading
· FDA domain knowledge
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.