The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Developer to work in Springfield, VA on the RECON project, in support of the NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions.
This position will join a team of engineers, data modelers, and software developers to study and prototype future imagery file formats with the goal of developing the next generation imagery format and metadata standard.
- Examine existing and emerging file formats for still and motion imagery and determine if a single format or a reduced set of formats effectively can address the current and future needs to reduce cost and complexity within an enterprise architecture. Use your experience and skills d
- Develop and/or modify a new profile for encompassing both still and motion imagery required to create a universal imagery file format (motion, still, HSI, LiDAR, MTI, other point cloud data, etc).
- Engage with the Future File Format Study research team.
- Implement the developed profile by designing a reader, writer, and other required interface software.
- Generate a specific set of test files for the new profile.
- Apply knowledge of a variety of phenomenologist, such as motion, still, LiDAR, MTI, etc, and corresponding metadata essences in accordance with the developed profile.
- Support MISB lab test activities to perform checks on the format and integrity of the new files. This may include Quality of Service tests, stream analysis tests, various forms of live transmission and also re-transmission tests, compression tets, latency tests, metadata synchronization, and integrity tests, playback and other tests across multiple OS platforms.
- 10 years of experience and a BS degree in Computer Science or engineering. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Proficient in Java, C++, C, and other programming and scripting languages
- Proficient with multiple Windows, Linux, and Unix OS platforms
- Knowledge of commercial video standards (MXF, IBMFF, MPEG-H, etc.) and ability to generate files using corresponding SMPTE and ISO standards
- Proficient with commercial players, stream analysis, quality, compression, latency, and metadata related software and tool kits.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and execution of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and independently on projects.
- Knowledge of the Geospatial Intelligence Working Group.
- Knowledge of GWG GEOINT motion and still imagery standards and protocols (MPEG-2 TS, RTP, UDP, KLV, JPEG 2000 (J2K), NITF2.1)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.