The Aviation Maintenance and Sustainment (AMS) Division of Leidos has an opening for an Aerospace Project Engineer in Manassas, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to lead the design, development, and fielding of innovative solutions for airborne ISR aircraft. The Project Engineer, reporting to the Chief Engineer of Aviation Programs, provides expertise on aircraft systems (mechanical, structures, avionics, propulsion, etc.) and serves as a resource to the integrated team of aviation professionals.
- Act as a lead, providing knowledge and expertise to colleagues while managing project tasks and schedules across multiple technical functional areas.
- As part of an engineering team, execute midsize engineering projects with aggressive timelines while interfacing with Government and industry customers and airworthiness authorities to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Applies systems engineering principles to plan, design, build, integrate, test, certify, and operationally sustain manned aircraft.
- Provides cost and technical inputs into estimates and proposals.
- Works closely with project managers to capture and derive program requirements, track and reports task statuses, and ensure efficient and timely task execution.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Work closely with the engineering team to plan, execute, document, and deliver airworthiness and requirements documentation for the design, production, and testing of aircraft systems.
- Work closely with the configuration management team to development and maintain aircraft configuration documentation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution and minimum of 5 years of related systems engineering or a Masters Degree with 6 years’ experience. A degree can be substituted with minimum total of 7 years of systems engineering experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Diverse engineering experience with hardware integration programs.
- Experience developing and reading engineering drawings, both mechanical and electrical.
- Comfortable in the presentation program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support program events and have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
- Knowledge and experience AR 70-62 or other Military or Civil airworthiness certifications processes.
- INCOSE ASEP/CSEP or DODAF certified.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.