The Leidos Civil Group is hiring a Test Lead to support a high priority government system, on a high-energy team with technical challenges of interest for all.
Plan, develop, schedule and conduct systems acceptability tests of production systems. Testing includes SAT, FIT/integration, Performance, and/or Section 508 test. The Contractor shall support testing of application within an XML environment and infrastructure upgrades included, but not limited to, Operating System upgrades, COTS package upgrades, database upgrades / migrations, disaster recovery, portal enhancements and server upgrades as they relate to schemas, style sheet and business rules.
Other job responsibilities are:
- Provide technical guidance during a significant project in designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining programs; translating and interpreting functional requirements.
- Translate and interpret functional requirements involved with specific IT projects
- Maintain source code; and modify and/or upgrade code as necessary as needed to support applications
- Use automated test to help remove the requirement to run regression tests manually
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Testing should include a knowledge of XML
- Significant experience, 10+ years of development and testing with 2 years of testing large scale/systems of systems/portfolio systems integration programs
- Interpret test requirements and document procedures
- Develop test plans, schedules and resource needs
- Develop and manage the development of test scenarios and test cases
- Manage stakeholders and resource needs
- Manage testing to ensure all business requirements are being met; map test cases to Requirements Traceability matrix and ensure test case validation points confirm the business requirements
- Execute testing as needed
- Collect, analyze and present test failure data – driving to root cause and corrective action
- Initiate and/or coordinate Engineering Change Requests and Change Notices to improve factory flow and product quality
- Ensure hardware and software requirements are met and processes are followed
- Assisting clients in the test & troubleshoot of production hardware
- Engagement with design and test development teams to solve
- Lead Scrums
- Create and update requirement traceability matrix (RTM). (Create or update test cases and perform requirements traceability to ensure all requirements are tested and accounted for.)
- Define and implement the role testing plays within the program
- Define the scope of testing within the context of each project / release / delivery
- Implement and support appropriate measurements and metrics
- Follow or create QA processes and QA process guidelines
- Experience writing, maintaining and executing automation tests using frameworks such as; JUnit, Telerik Test Studio, HP Unified Functional Testing software, Selenium, TestComplete, Watir or similar tools
- Test data management and testing automation
- Experience with agile development and testing methodologies
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration tools and source control tools
- Technical expertise including fluency in one or more popular programming language
- Experience in test automation
The applicant must be able to be cleared by the US Government via a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.