The NISC III program is seeking a Database Management Professional. This professional will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health Program. In this position, the candidate
- Develop a DBMS user-friendly interface with the ability to handle multiple types of data (e.g. documents, spreadsheets, pictures).
- Facilitate the collection, storage, analysis, reporting, and metric tracking of all EOSH compliance data and information.
- Ensure the EOSH DBMS can interface, import, and incorporate information from other FAA database/systems.
- Facilitate in the testing of the DBMS; data security; and administration of the DBMS with the wide range of stakeholders.
- Assist with troubleshooting and debugging DBMS software issues during the creation and maintenance of the new database.
- Provide updates and modifications to the DBMS based on user/customer feedback.
- Develop a written DBMS User Guide and update as changes occur.
- Provide training to at least two (2) FAA employees who will function as Database Administrators
- Provide Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) support (SharePoint).
- Make the DBMS available for presentation to a wide range of FAA senior management, EOSH workforce, and support contractors.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Normally requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent is required;
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in a database developer role.
- Server Database development, design and implementation; smart device applications; cloud drives and storage (e.g. Amazon Web Service, Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc.); and data analysis is required.
- Microsoft SharePoint (Knowledge Sharing Network) experience is required.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Experience and proficiency with programming languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL) and/or Phython.
- Must possess and demonstrate highly effective written and verbal communications with excellent presentation skills.
- Must be skilled at understanding inter-dependencies and relationships from complex technical data sets and be a creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter, demonstrate initiative, and possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Microsoft certified
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.