The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. Leidos MSD is currently seeking a qualified, energetic engineer to fill the position of Deputy Project Manager with an environmental background to assist in the operations and maintenance at the Southeast Alaska Acoustic Measurement Facility (SEAFAC). While the SEAFAC site is located just outside of Ketchikan, Alaska, this position is located in Poulsbo, Washington, with the offsite engineering team and program management staff. Daily activities include both a focus on environmental, health, and safety compliance for the SEAFAC site and facilities-related project management activities. This position requires periodic travel to, and coordination with, engineering activities at other Leidos facilities and government facilities including trips to SEAFAC.
Environmental compliance activities include focus on:
- Water quality
- Wastewater treatment system maintenance, upgrades, and monitoring
- Updating and maintaining environmental plans and reporting for the US Navy
- Development of technical reports and trade-off studies
- Generation of new and innovative ideas to keep the remote site operational.
Deputy project management duties include:
- Coordination of subcontractor support services at SEAFAC
- Generating cost estimates for trade-off studies
- Development of monthly contractual reports
- Management of projects at SEAFAC related to system upgrades, modernization, and/or facilities maintenance
- Management of the administrative support team in Poulsbo, and more.
Additional project management activities may include assisting a variety of program managers across the company with coordinating and managing subcontractors, proposal development, cost estimating, corporate reporting, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental/Chemical Engineering or other related discipline and a minimum of 8 years of experience
- Proficient with using MS Office software.
- Experience with environmental, health and safety (EH&S) compliance related to Federal facilities. .
- Experience with engineering project management activities including reading engineering. drawings, developing requirements, coordinating subcontracts and subcontractors, scheduling, project execution and wrap-up, and reporting.
- Effectively work with a team establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with government customers, technical staff, senior managers and peers.
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance.
Must also be able to:
- Climb at least 50 feet of rung ladder to access various parts of a vessel as required.
- Transit to and from a marine vessel including transiting up and down marina gangways at varying angles as needed during travel.
- drive a company/rented vehicle.
- Active Secret Clearance highly preferred
- Experience with MS Project.
- Experience with facility operations and maintenance, especially at a remote location.
- Experience with the maritime industry including small watercraft, barges, etc.
- Desired areas of EH&S compliance experience include: NPDES wastewater discharge permits, drinking water regulations, hazardous materials management, and OSHA standards
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.