The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). This position will be to setup and maintain infrastructure (SCCM, AWS, AZURE etc…) and their configurations. The position is a self-lead position to not only work incidents, outages, but the deployment/extension of the backup architecture for both networks on cloud technologies.
- Support the development of enterprise software solutions within AWS. This position involves leading systems engineering activities that support building and delivering new systems supporting remote desktops and cloud technologies.
- Support AWS management, including baseline, security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- May collaborate with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for administration of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS data bases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM.
- Configure, secure, and tune cloud infrastructure systems.
- Learn existing system capabilities and work to support the design of the new capabilities and enhancements, to include Cloud Migration.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot creates/updates and maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products, deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services.
- Requires a BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of relevant experience may be considered.
- 3 years’ of AWS infrastructure management experience in a classified environment
- 3 years’ experience with AWS patching and remediation
- Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS.
- AWS certification(s)
- Experience with AD, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, TCP/IP, F5, PKI services
- Experience with configuring and applying Security Technical Information Guidance (STIGs).
- AZURE experience or certifications.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.