The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). This position will be to setup and maintain backup infrastructure (SAN, Netbackup, etc…) and their configurations. The position is a self-lead position to not only work incidents, outages, but the deployment/extension of the backup architecture for both networks on windows and Linux systems.
- Operate and maintain all backup and recovery activities on/off-premise using multiple mediums including tape and disk with multiple storage types including block-level and object store.
- Perform quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the backup systems, tools, and products.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed documentation of operational procedures.
- Responsible for performing trend analysis for the amount of data being backed up and the amount of time the backups are consuming. Also responsible for proposing changes to the backup system which would improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the backup / restoral systems and processes.
- Requires a BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree 14+ years of experience may be considered.
- 10 years’ experience supporting an enterprise backup environment supporting a minimum of 1,000 users
- Experience creating, implementing and maintaining a backup system schedule
- Experience with tape and SAN or NAS based backup systems
- 5 years’ experience backing up a virtualized environment
- Experience creating and maintaining complete backup and restoral documentation
- Experience supporting classified environments
- Experience installing, initial configuration and maintaining backup systems
- Experience backing up and restoring MS Exchange
- Experience backing up and restoring SQL Server
- Experience backing up and restoring SCCM
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.