The Leidos Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Portfolio has an opening for a talented Junior Software Engineer to assist the Chemical Biological Center (CBC) – Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Battlefield Integration Branch (NBCBIB) in support of science and technology efforts relating to information systems to help Joint Forces respond to nuclear, chemical, and biological threats. Located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, the ideal candidate will support software development, systems integration, testing, and documentation. The Junior Software Engineer will work closely with other members of a multidisciplinary team in support of multiple funded projects for various Government agencies. Support involves implementing, integrating, and testing of software systems and other solutions.
• Function as a team member with computer scientists, programmers, program managers, electrical engineers, and scientists by performing research and development on CBRN related software systems.
• Assist development of autonomous systems, integration of command and control software, and integration of CBRN sensors.
• Assist development of Android applications, both back-end and front-end.
• Assist production of prototype hardware/software solutions using Raspberry Pi or similar platforms.
• Conduct software testing, including automated unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing.
• Analyze test data, and suggest and implement software improvements.
• Produce software documentation.
• Participate in field exercises and demonstrations of software solutions.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or related field with 0-2 years related experience.
• Fundamental understanding of core computer science concepts, including Object Oriented Design, algorithms, and data structures.
• Programming experience in at least one of these languages: Java, Python, C++, C#.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Ability to support field testing several weeks per year, sometimes at remote test ranges.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with Linux.
• Experience with Android development
• Familiarity with Git, Maven, Gradle, Nexus
• Experience with robotics and/or embedded systems.
• Knowledge of the CBRNE mission space.
• Knowledge of military C4 systems, including common operating pictures (COPs), radios, and the Integrated Sensor Architecture (ISA).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.