The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) currently has an opening within the Electronic Warfare (EW) Division for an Aerospace Modeling & Simulation Engineer. This Engineer will be embedded within the customer’s office on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH.
They will help to improve and maintain our Leidos developed special purpose plugins for the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) simulation environment. AFSIM is a U.S. Air Force simulation environment written in C and utilized for engagement-level and mission-level analysis by military operations research analysts to evaluate combat effectiveness of advanced weapon system concepts. AFSIM is a Monte Carlo simulation tool which may be run either constructively to generate analytic results, or in real-time to support Operator in the Loop (OITL) Experimentation and Wargaming needs. AFSIM is now becoming accepted as a standard operations analysis tool across DoD and industry.
In addition to helping to improve and maintain the Leidos developed AFSIM plugins, the successful candidate will perform systems engineering and interface with our customers to design and execute scenarios.
• Work with the customer to define and create relevant simulation scenarios within the AFSIM environment and toolchain to support AF AFSIM based M&S of ISR/EW Sensors
• Produce analytic briefings using Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and present to fellow engineers, LInC program managers and leadership, and LInC customers
• Document issues with the Leidos developed special purpose AFSIM plugins and support the development team with resolving these issues
• Document feature requests with the Leidos developed special purpose AFSIM plugins and support the program management and development teams
• Active Secret or higher clearance
• Undergraduate Degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Systems Engineering, or Operations Research, preferred) with 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience with working with AFSIM and/or other military model, simulation, decision support tools to support operations assessment; as well as lessons learned development/refinement experience
• Knowledge of Joint and AF Doctrine, CONOPS, CONEMPS and TTPs
• Strong analytical, presentation, coordination skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Simulation Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.