The NISC III program is seeking an Environmental, Occupational Safety, and Health (EOSH) Professional..
In this role you will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health Program.
Identify hazardous workplace conditions and take preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances, remove hazards and/or protect employees by guarding, revising work procedures, and training or requiring use of protective clothing and personal protective equipment.
Other duties include:
- Take effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required records are maintained.
- Participate in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation.
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards, as required, reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses.
- Interact with federal and state agencies to ensure regulator EOSH compliance.
- Conduct Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Inspect Personal Proactive Equipment and Fall Protection Equipment.
- Conduct Radiation Surveys, Asbestos Assessments and sampling.
- Inspect underground fuel storage tanks.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Environmental, Safety and Health Matters in assigned areas.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Normally requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Strong Occupational Health & Safety background.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.