The Cyber Security Analyst provides coordination and technical expertise for the Information Technology Program with expertise in Cyber Security. Applies specialized knowledge and expertise in formulating and implementing plans, programs, policies, and systems appropriate to various threat situations and local conditions. Must be able to use analytical skills to solve problems and establish priorities to achieve high-quality results.
- Supports the Cyber Security and Information Technology programs reporting to the Cyber Security Lead.
- Interacts on a regular basis with all levels of contractor management.
- Coordinates investigative activities with appropriate management, formulates written reports and presents oral briefings.
- Conducts audits or surveys of security programs and provides assistance and consulting services to all departments.
- Ensures all changes to systems are performed in accordance with configuration controls.
- Researches, documents, and implements software application requirements, specifications and works with the system users to ensure effective use of applications.
- Shares technical knowledge and works closely with the database administrator and other technical roles to provide mutual support.
- Runs and monitors performance tests on new and existing applications and databases for purposes of identifying vulnerabilities, correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Gathers statistics and writes reports for discussion with management, team members, and end-users.
- Develops and maintains user manuals, guides, and other software application documentation.
- Participates in the development of database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies, and procedures.
- Participates in the design and implementation of systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices.
- Maintains a safe working environment. Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting coworkers of such requirements as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of related work experience or a high school diploma or equivalent plus at least 8 years of directly related work experience.
- Position requires appropriate certifications and continuing education to ensure current knowledge of industrial security principles, procedures, and equipment.
- Proficiency in the development and deployment of software applications and databases including strong working knowledge of software and development tools and techniques consistent with DOE standards and infrastructure architectural components.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers informing strategies to improve performance.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) directives and policies and procedures pertaining to sensitive information.
- Related industry-recognized certifications such as Security + and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) are desired.
- Active TOP SECRET or DOE Q clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.