Leidos is seeking a Recap/Provisioning Electrician to join a program team supporting a government customer in a highly complex information technology environment. This position supports the recapitalization and provisioning projects by providing the installation expertise to perform all aspects of the electrical requirements of major IT installations. This may include but not limited to installing, troubleshooting and repairing power panels, feeders, circuits, conduit and all associated receptacles and junction boxes, switches and wiring from power panels to equipment, equipment racks and within equipment racks, adhering to all applicable NEC, NFPA, OSHA, and other governing directives, codes and safety standards. The individual filling this position is required to have considerable experience with the installation and maintenance of single and multiphase power systems in a computer / data center environment.
- Work as lead on the commissioning team for installation, integration of new equipment and systems, to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems
- Highly skilled in electrical installation, troubleshooting and repairs including electrical controls schemes.
- Provide electrical design input to include operational and maintenance insights for the design review process.
- Provide audits for power and mechanical capacity or upgrades
- Review and approve equipment submittals
- Experience in creating SOP's
- Completes installation, maintenance and repair records as required.
- Ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met.
- Identify problems and making repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
- Develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall efficiency.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Licensed Electrician in the State of Virginia
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations including Life Safety, IBC, NFPA, NEC, ASHRAE, and OSHA
- Uses personal computer for work order system, email, and training.
- Uses Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry loads of minimum 50 lbs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Candidate must have a total of 10 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of relevant work history OR an Associate’s and 8 years, a Bachelors’ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 0 years of work history.
- Required Clearance:
- TS/SCI with Poly
- This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
- Master Electrician or Journeyman certification preferred.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Licensing by InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA) Preferred
- OSHA 10 Preferred
- Arc Flash NFPA 70E Preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.