Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Following Business growth we are looking for a International Trade Compliance Advisor to support the business.
The role holder will provide international trade compliance support and advice to team members and other stakeholders. Reporting indirectly to the Leidos UK/EU Trade Compliance Manager for compliance support and guidance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The role holder main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Deploy all applicable trade compliance procedures relevant to the programmes and in line with Leidos UK processes.
- Support the company denied party screening process (employees, visitors, Vector access, as required)
- Maintain and update the Import Database
- Provide clearance instructions to customs broker for business imports
- Check accuracy of import records against MSS reports
- Maintain and update the databases of all UK and US export authorisations for the business
- Provide approval instructions to staff regarding Vector sites
- Manage travel approvals for all staff and issue laptop letter approvals
- Support the department tangible and intangible approval process
- Provide support to trade compliance related processes
- Co-ordinate with CIRC training and inductions meetings
- Attend ITM Monthly meetings
- Assist in investigation and resolution of compliance problems and questions.
- Assist CIRC in ECJU and HMRC audits
Qualifications / Competences
Ideally degree educated or with a minimum of 5 years of experience in this area
- Act with integrity as a guiding principle.
- Be able to work flexibly.
- Show initiative in raising issues that could improve ITC working practices.
- Work independently with guidance and as part of a team.
- Experience in International Trade Compliance.
- Discreet in the handling of sensitive information.
- Well organised with experience of implementing and managing extensive records and filing systems
- Some experience in managing both ITAR and EAR
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Numerate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain and maintain a UK SC security clearance level.
- Full Driving Licence desirable to facilitate office visits
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.