Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to join a team that will design, build and manage a standalone system for data collection and data analysis. This includes assisting with transition from the current standalone system to a cloud environment, which involves data and application migration as well as Operations and Maintenance (O&M). The applications may be a mix of COTS, GOTS, and custom-built. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered. This opportunity is in the Northern Virginia area.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for identifying, documenting, and communicating risks and mitigation across the system. They will also be review the system to identify gaps and minimize overlaps, analyze project needs for alternative solutions, and identify needed layers and modules and how they work together for the system. The Systems Engineer will play a key role in the backend database technologies, the configuration and utilization, and optimization of the fill data pipeline infrastructure to support content, volume, ETL, and periodicity of data to support the queries and analysis necessary for analysts. They will also review program strategies and plans, identifies inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement and communicates those results to the PM.
The Systems Engineer will also work with Data Engineering. They will be responsible for the data stream to data storage solutions; focus on design, implementation, and operation of data management systems; and design how data is stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities and digital systems. They will plan, design, and optimize for data throughput and query performance issues, and work with senior business and technical personnel to deliver a robust scalable architecture that meets the business goals of the enterprise.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience in Service management, Business Process Engineering, addressing and initiating Policy and Culture Change.
- Demonstrated understanding of system security requirements and implementation of system security requirements.
- Experience with design, development, and implementation of software consistent with industry best practices, following repeatable, approved and optimized development processes. Knowledge of a variety of development methodologies is appropriate (Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Experience with the accreditation process (software and hardware)
- Experience transitioning to a cloud infrastructure and available services from an existing complex system.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Science, Information Science or Information Assurance (security).
- PMP or Scrum Master Certification.
- Advanced database server administration experience (High Availability, Replication, Scaling, Backups, Restores, Encryption, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience supporting systems architecture and design with current technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Big Data, AI/Machine Learning, Computer Vision, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.