Leidos Defense Group is seeking Network Engineers who will be responsible for overall oversight of a community of interest within DISA's Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) to prepare that Community of Interest (COI) for migration. We are seeking mid to senior level engineers to work in one of four locations: Springfield, VA; Ft Meade, MD; Scott Air Force Base, IL; or Montgomery, AL . You must be cleared at the DOD Top Secret level or carry a current DOD Secret Clearance with an open SSBI. You must also have DOD 8570 IAT II Certification or higher to qualify.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will report full time to one of the aforementioned office locations and may allow for a part time telecommute arrangement. If working out of the Ft Meade, MD location, you must be able to commute to Springfield, VA 2-3 days per week for the first several months (training, meetings) after which time you will have your permanent office location at Ft Meade. Individuals must live locally to one of the four sites.
In this role you will:
- Work heavily with Open Systems Interconnections (OSI) Layer 3 routing and switching which requires strong experience with Border Gateway Patrol (BGP) and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
- Orchestrate the project end-to-end
- Analyze discovery information and determines requirements for migration;
- Provide gap analysis at the start of the project
- Direct team members and reviews results
- De-conflict inconsistencies between engineering implementation plans (EIPs ) and directs changes to EIP authors
- Maintain current network diagram for COI/Base (end-to-end)
- Controls all variables and allocations e.g. IP Addresses, VLANs, VRFs, shims, process IDs, etc.
- Define migration requirements to Tools and CND teams, this includes acceptable deadlines tracked by Project Manager (PM)
- Tracks task status against Authorized Service Interruption (ASI) schedule and adjusts implementations
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- This is considered an Upper Mid Level Position and requires minimum of BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- You must hold an active IAT II 8570 Certification, or higher, to qualify (Security+ce, CISSP, etc.)
- You must hold an active DOD Top Secret Clearance OR must have an active Secret clearance with an open SSBI.
- Required Qualifications
- Experience with Cisco MPLS. (Multi Protocol Label Switching)
- Experience with BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol)
- Experienced with in-depth protocol analysis with tools such as tcpdump.
- Experience in leading large engineering projects.
Desired Technology Experience:
- F5 load balancers
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco ASRs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.