Leidos Defense Group has an immediate opening for a talented System Administrator on our ABIS Site Operations Team at the FBI Campus in Clarksburg, West Virginia. This team has a 24 x 7 mission and will require the ability to work shift work, weekends and holidays.
The DODABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
• Provide Systems Administration support services for the DoD ABIS 24x7 Operations Team to include remote troubleshooting of servers; security administration, maintenance, and network management.
• Ability and willingness to operate in a shift-work environment
• Open trouble tickets from calls and email, work as a team to resolve trouble tickets and calls regarding:
o Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of servers and peripherals.
• General systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting. Customer interaction is required in response to reported problems, defining requirements and data collection needs.
• Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary such as trouble ticket elevation to tier three support, and collaboration with development team to provide information and data for elevated trouble tickets.
• Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues encountered by users
• Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
• Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
• Create and verify backups of data
• Respond to and resolve help desk requests
• Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
• Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
• Review application logs
• Install and test computer-related equipment
• Systems documentation, systems performance monitoring, systems availability monitoring and patching.
• Associate’s degree in IT related field and 2 years of systems administration or relevant IT experience. (High School diploma with 4 years or Bachelor's with 0 years may also be considered)
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, Red Hat and Windows operating systems.
• Track hardware locations and create trouble tickets.
• Fully proficient in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance and follow on ability to obtain TS/SCI
• Must be able obtain Security + and environmental (Windows, CISCO, Red Hat) certifications as per DOD 8570 within 6 months of hire date.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.