Come work with some of the most talented and brightest minds! Leidos has an opportunity for a senior level Automation Engineer working at the Navy’s location at San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA. This position provides an optional 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance to be considered.
In this senior role, you will be responsible for leading software integration, test automation and information assurance teams with automated build solutions. The position supports design of code automation framework for the program, document automation requirements and maintain automation developer's guidance. Your contributions will include:
- Automate, develop, and perform software deployments for both internally and externally developed software test environments
- Perform and document the installation and configuration of various software components as well as support the baseline automation framework by submitting automation code updates and respective test automation test cases.
- Support all required environments by ensuring patch compliance, baseline software updates and system health/status checks. Follow existing and document new procedures and guidance to ensure corrective actions are taken to restore environment functionality.
- Create scripts to set polices and standards within the Operating Systems. Scripts will be needed for quicker patching and debugging.
- Perform deployment installation audits and baseline identification for test environments.
- Support development change management processes such as the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Control Board (CCB)
- This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance; must be “SCI Eligible” in JPAS with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of related experience
- Must possess or have the ability to possess an IAT II certification level, i.e., Cybersecurity Workforce Credentials IAT 2 (Linux and or Windows OS and Security+ or equivalent).
- Strong background/certifications with installing and configuring software within Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems.
- Extensive experience with automation tools, build support and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices.
- Extensive knowledge, experience of automation tools and software such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell
- Extensive knowledge, experience building and automating VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based infrastructures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Experience with container based platforms, such as OpenShift.
- Experience with build automation support tools such as Jenkins or Nexus.
- Experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.