Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers an optional 9/80 schedule, accommodating flex-time and competitive leave benefits to help you juggle your personal and professional life. We are seeking a multi-talented Windows and Linux Systems Administrator to join our team. Relocation assistance is available to motivated candidates looking to grow their career in San Diego, CA. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance to be considered.
In this role, you are responsible for building and maintaining the fabric on which all other IT systems and services are built. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day Systems Administration for the Linux Virtual Machines (VMs) and installed hardware. You will also administrate and operate aspects of multiple systems and related software including Linux RHEL 6 servers in VMWare and Amazon Web Services hosted environments, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Windows servers. Some of your daily tasks include:
- Supports mission critical systems by providing technical expertise for server and database support and establishing innovative, time sensitive solutions.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data flow, storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities. Applies knowledge of systems to coordinate maintenance as well as implement changes/upgrades. Tests and implements technical solutions. Responsible to troubleshoot/provide root cause analysis, restore systems, monitor databases and to analyze and organize data and apply new technology designs and programs.
- Performs systems administration tasks including design, installation, maintenance, monitoring, recovery, rebuilding, upgrading, patching and performance tuning.
- Builds, deploys, and monitors, software baselines across multiple domains and environments, ensuring configuration and operability.
- Performs performance analysis and tuning, disaster recovery, and monitoring of data.
- Advises/participates in design of system architecture and infrastructure support systems.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical teams.
- Support all required pipeline environments by ensuring patch compliance, baseline software updates and system health/status checks are complete.
- Recommends guidance based on established procedures to ensure corrective actions are taken to restore environment functionality.
- Supports software integration, test automation and information assurance teams in accessing environments as well as maintain user accounts, passwords and access controls.
- Supports, troubleshoots and applies expertise regarding network issues between environments and system users.
- Responsibilities span multiple technical areas including ashore and afloat environments.
- Employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions.
- This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance; must be “SCI Eligible” in JPAS with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field and 8-12 years related experience including software installation and maintenance experience; additional relevant systems background, training or education may be substituted in lieu of direct experience.
- Must possess or have the ability to possess an IAT II certification level, i.e., Cybersecurity Workforce Credentials IAT 2 (Linux and or Windows OS and Security+ or equivalent).
- Strong background/certifications with installing and configuring software within Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems.
- Experience with IPv4 and IPv6 networking, to include basic network switch and router troubleshooting.
- Experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience with container based platforms, such as OpenShift.
- Experience with build automation support tools such as Jenkins or Nexus.
- Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Basic knowledge of automation tools and software such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided by SSC-PAC.
- Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Experience with Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework highly desirable.E Experience as a tool administrator for Atlassian SCM tools suite.
Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.