Leidos is seeking Software Engineers for a dynamic opportunity to design, develop, modify, and implement software programming applications. You will utilize your problem solving skills to troubleshoot production issues related to software applications, systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms. Position will support an advanced targeting application for the United States Strategic Command.
As part of an Agile Scrum team moving toward DevOps, you will also will participate in the full software development lifecycle to include requirements analysis, design, code and unit test, and integration. In this role, you will work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development. You will be responsible to build software solutions where the solution is not always well-defined but always considers the customer first.
Leidos operates several software development factories in support of various DoD, commercial, and Leidos-internal programs and is in the process of adding to this network of factories to better access geographically-distributed resources and expertise (e.g., AI/ML, autonomy, DevOps, etc.). The Leidos Bellevue site is in the process of integrating into this network for software development expertise, thereby potentially allowing local development staff the ability to support various projects and customers.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering/technical discipline with 2-4 years of software engineering experience or a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of experience.
- Proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience with Linux operating environments.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (Jenkins).
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with Cesium.
Experience with GWT and GXT.
Experience with Ansible.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with one or more of the following development tools: JDK / Oracle DBMS / Oracle WebLogic Server / SQLPlus / Eclipse
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.