Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Due to success of continued growth - the Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos (in Arlington, VA) currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer – in the Cognitive EW Business Area.
As a LInC EW Systems Engineer, you will join the Cognitive EW business area, which leverages state of the art ML concepts for implementation across the RF domain (e.g., cognitive communications, radar, electronic warfare (EW), spectrum sensing, SIGINT). The ideal candidate will possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, be a strong team player, and have the ability to establish solid working relationships with technical staff members and peers within the division as well as our external Government customers.
• Regular tasks will include a mix of the following:
• Assist or lead the design and development of Cameo system models for Model Based systems engineering
• Assist or lead in the development of DoDAF views
• Assist or lead in the analysis of existing Electronic Warfare sub-system specifications (SSS)
• Derive requirements from customer desirements/capabilities
• Assist or lead in the development of new requirements and flow-down to sub-systems
• Interpret and incorporate feedback and comments from stakeholders
• Interaction with team members in collaborative environment
• Perform trade study analysis for design studies for future spiral development
• Present results to customers
• Document commentary in Confluence
• Assist or lead in Leidos EngineeringEdge process compliance
• Must be U.S. Citizen
• Bachelors with 8-12 years prior relevant experience, or Masters with 6-10 years prior relevant experience
• Active Secret clearance, with ability to gain higher clearance level
• Practical experience with Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 Processes, Tailoring, and Auditing
• Practical experience with developing and updating DoDAF Views
• Practical experience with Use Case Development
• Practical experience with Configuration Management of Artifacts to support audits
• Practical experience with Requirements Development and Analysis
• Practical experience with Compliance Testing
• Practical experience with Requirements Management tools (DOORS, Cameo)
• Day-to-day familiarity with Cameo, JIRA, and Confluence tools
• Practical experience with USN SETR Processes and compliance
• Familiarity with NAVAIR and DoD DT/OT activities
• Familiarity with Agile SCRUM development
• Doctoral degree
• Business Development and Capture experience (e.g., Proposals, white papers etc.)
• Experience working in a Research and Development (R&D) environment
• Active TS or TS//SCI Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.