Leidos Flight Service has an opening as a Systems Engineer. We are an FAA contractor supporting general aviation customers in Pre-flight, In-flight, Operational, Emergency, and Special Services. Leidos Flight Service provides meteorological and aeronautical information to assist general aviation customers in making informed decisions regarding their intended flights, including but not limited to pre-flight weather briefings, processing flight plans, search and rescue, as well as in-flight meteorological and aeronautical information. Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the position requires U.S. Citizenship.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented team of IT and engineering professionals responsible for maintaining infrastructure that provides critical information and services to aviation professionals. We manage a wide range of different technologies, systems and software that provide these complex services to our users and secure connections to the national airspace system. This position requires attention to detail, strong technical ability and a commitment to finding ways to continually improve AFSS service.
Systems Engineer Daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities:
• Develop, document and implement changes to the lab and operational environment
• Provide support to development team members in the lab environment
• Participate and contribute in the monthly patching exercises, software release events, maintenance activities and team/program meetings.
• Collaborate with and assist other system owner team members in our virtual room
• Help resolve critical issues in the operational environment
Systems Engineer Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Process oriented and has experience working with formal change control processes
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer
• Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship
Systems Engineer should have extensive experience in the following technologies:
• Expert level knowledge of RedHat Linux
• Expert level knowledge of VMware
• Knowledge of Aspect Automated Call Distribution software & infrastructure components
• Administrator level knowledge of Nagios monitoring software, Netapp Storage & Mongo DB databases
• Ability to script using common scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Powershell
• Previous experience working in a systems engineering/architect role with a focus on IT infrastructure
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage enterprise IT projects and initiatives at a technical level
• Beginner level Blade Logic Server Automation experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.