Are you someone concerned with the security of our nation? Are you driven to protect and serve? Are you skilled in cyber defense? Then Leidos is the place for you. We are ensuring our nation's security in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security. Our partnership focuses on the DHS Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services Program where we provide around the clock cyber support focusing on some our nation's toughest threats.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Staff Engineer to support this DHS SOC Support Services Program.
The Senior Staff Engineer will need to be a multi-disciplinary focused, self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. The Senior Staff Engineer works with an internal, multi-disciplinary team to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The Senior Staff Engineer will help design, develop, and implement technology solutions along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. In addition the Engineer will be expected to provide mentorship and task assistance to junior team members. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the DHS SOC security infrastructure.
- BS in STEM or related field and 12-15 years cyber security/Systems engineering/software engineering/System administration, or Masters with 10-13 years
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, Certified Splunk Architect
Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Possess a Secret, TS/SCI, or existing EOD with DHS
- 10+ years of hands-on general infrastructure administration and system engineering
- Experience with 3+ of the following areas
- Implementing STIG / NIST / OSCAP frameworks on RHEL
- Experience with SELinux
- Building custom kickstart files to manage partitions and systems configuration
- Automating bare metal deployments with Satellite server
- Linux security & systems engineering, design, and support
- Network administration and design
- Configuring and managing virtualized environments
- Network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI).
- Splunk Administration
- Experience with Python and Shell Scripting
- Experience with system engineering and network and system administration as related to orchestration and automated deployments
- Experience with the tools used to design, build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure in a variety of cloud environments (GitLab CI, Ansible Tower, JIRA, Jenkins, Satellite).
- Experience with Direct Customer Engagement
- Experience with Requirements Identification and decomposition
- Experience working with developers and process improvement
- Experience identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI
- Experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with AWS
- Hands on Ansible experience
- RHCSA/RHCE Certification
- Recent security operations center (SOC) experience
- Hands on OpenStack Experience
- Mastery in applying systems administration and system engineering/ security theories, concepts, methods and best practices throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Mastery in defining solutions using security architecture requirements and customer requirements
- Mastery in designing secure, scalable, highly available fault tolerant cloud systems
- Experience with system engineering cloud services based on data, compute, database and cybersecurity requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.