Are you someone concerned with the security of our nation? Are you driven to protect and serve? Are you skilled in cyber defense? Then Leidos is the place for you. We are ensuring our nation's security in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security. Our partnership focuses on the DHS Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services Program where we provide around the clock cyber support focusing on some our nation's toughest threats.
Leidos has an immediate need for a System Administrator to support this DHS SOC Program. The System Administrator - Junior will join a multidisciplinary team and need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgement and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. Will work with internal team members to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the DHS SOC security infrastructure. The System Administrator will work under the direction of senior staff. They will work tasks to maintain existing infrastructure and applications, install new hardware/software, assist with ATO compliance, help ensure the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks, etc. The multidisciplinary nature of the team provides opportunities to work on a variety of applications and hardware that the team supports.
- BS in STEM or related field and 2 to 4 years in a technical role; OR Masters Degree less than 2 years of related experience. Additional years of progressive experience in cyber security/system administration/systems engineering and certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree
- At least one of the following certifications: Security+, CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, Certified Splunk Architect
Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- 1+ years of experience with Direct Customer Engagement / Support
- Basic understanding of systems engineering, software engineering, and cyber security engineering concepts
- Experience in use of JIRA and Confluence
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasking
- Experience with 2+ of the following areas
- Implementing STIG / NIST / OSCAP frameworks on RHEL
- Experience with SELinux
- Building custom kickstart files to manage partitions and systems configuration
- Automating bare metal deployments with Satellite server
- Linux security & systems engineering, design, and support
- Network administration and design
- Configuring and managing virtualized environments
- Network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI).
- Python and Shell Scripting
- The tools used to design, build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure in a variety of cloud environments (GitLab CI, Ansible Tower, JIRA, Jenkins, Satellite).
- Experience with Splunk Administration
- Experience with Administration of network sensor devices (Fireeye, SourceFire, etc.)
- Existing Secret, TS/SCI, or existing EOD with DHS
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Hands on Ansible experience
- RHCSA/RHCE Certification
- Recent security operations center (SOC) experience
- Hands on OpenStack Experience
- Experience working with developers and process improvement
- Experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.