Leidos Maritime Systems Division is seeking a Business Development / Capture Manager. The BD / CM is responsible for the opportunity sourcing and capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the Division growth strategy. On a day to day basis, he/she will need to review available databases and gather customer intelligence in multiple growth areas inclusive of Maritime opportunities such as USVs, UUVs, Maritime networks and data links, and Undersea sensors.
The BD / CM must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. Will routinely be assigned 2-3 solicitation pursuits at various stages of capture at the same time. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a Capture Manager or supported large proposal efforts and have exposure to the maritime industry.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post award. The performance is focused on hands-on support and development of key capture and proposal artifacts from start to finish.
- Responsible for the capture leadership of an assigned portfolio of opportunities in support of the market strategy.
- Responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
- Identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture.
- Develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities.
- Will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Work with maritime team across a broad portfolio of opportunities to identify maritime sector whitespace, discover and develop growth opportunities, lead a team to develop a winning proposal, and capture new business.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience.
- 3+ years Business Development, Capture, or Sales experience
- Business development familiarity within the Defense Sector
- Demonstrated ability to capture business across a heterogeneous portfolio
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Have a proven track record of successful opportunity sourcing and capture management across multiple organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition size
- Technical writing and proposal development experience
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities to support customer visits and strategy workshops. Estimated up to 25% annually as required.
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners. Including Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Aptitude for milestone-based capture process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Successful track record of significant and successful capture and business development accomplishment
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
- Program management experience a plus
- Completed professional training in Capture Management
- Experience within Department of Defense either as a business development lead or capture manager
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.