Accelerate your career growth by joining Leidos! We have an immediate career opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS).
AFATDS, an iterative software development program, is comprised of a diverse group of disciplines, both technical and non-technical in nature, working in an integrated environment to deliver functional software. As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will serve in a lead capacity, responsible for overseeing quality and process efforts for the AFATDS program, reviewing Technical, Earned Value, and Financial deliverables, and managing GFE inventory and training requirements. Your role will also support corporate initiatives, specifically ISO and CMMI certifications, and Quality Management Reviews.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Serve as the AFATDS program’s QA lead for the performance of planning, work product reviews, quality audits, GFE control, and training
- Implement and maintain the AFATDS program’s Quality Assurance Program Plan (QAPP)
- Support Quality Management Reviews by reporting to higher level management on the program’s quality achievements and the program’s progress towards meeting quality objectives
- Update the program’s Tailored Process Baseline (TPB), as required
- Provide review and input to program plans and other program documents in support of accurate and on-time AFATDS deliverables
- Execute timely quality audits in adherence with the program’s audit schedule and in compliance with Leidos policies and direction; report audit results to program leadership
- Generate corrective action requests for audit findings and maintain the Common Audit Database (CAD) with timely updates/closures of audit findings
- Support Engineering Release audits performed in conjunction with the CM team
- Maintain the program’s Quality Dashboard and report its status to stakeholders
- Support external audits conducted in support of maintaining the organization’s ISO 9001:2015 and CMMI level 3 certifications
- Track and maintain an accurate inventory and records for the program’s GFE property items; prepare and coordinate GFE shipments for off-site moves and for GFE returns to the government. Serve as the primary interface with the Leidos corporate Property group’s representative.
- Prepare quarterly GFE Status Reports for submittal to the government customer
- Other duties as assigned
- Capture and track peer review metrics
- Assign program-required training to team members; track and monitor training completions
- BS degree with 4-8 years prior relevant experience
- Quality assurance experience in a software development environment
- Experience implementing ISO 9001 and CMMI Level 3 Quality Management Systems
- Experience working with the following tools: SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira, Confluence
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Agile development experience/knowledge
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.