The Vulnerability Active Detection & Exploitation Research (VADER) group at Leidos currently has an opening for an experience penetration tester to lead our internal red team.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, to include in-depth penetration testing on intranet, internet, web, wireless, etc on UNIX and Windows based platforms.
- Responsible for setting up scheduled and ad-hoc red team scenarios to highlight gaps impacting the organization's security posture.
- Work both independently, as well as the technical lead of the penetration testing team.
- Conduct red team engagements and develop mitigation strategies.
- Perform in-depth analysis of red team engagements results and provide a detail report that describes findings, exploitation procedures, risks, diagrams and recommendations.
- Execute penetration testing projects using the established methodology, tools and rules of engagements.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12 to 15 years of relevant experience in IT or cybersecurity. Additional years of relevant Cybersecurity experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- At least 5 years of experience directly related to Red Team assessments or penetration testing (intranet, internet, web, wireless, social engineering).
- Possess one of the following certifications: OSCP, OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, OSCE, OSEE, GXPN.
- Experience with scripting languages (e. g., Python, PowerShell, Java, Perl, etc).
- Experience with vulnerability management, which includes reviewing cyber security vulnerabilities for risk and relevance and planning mitigations for systems vulnerabilities
Prior team lead experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.