Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Voice Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- Architect, design and implement Oracle Session Border Controllers (SBC), Cisco Unified Border Elements (CUBEs), and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP):
- Writing testing an implementing Header Manipulation Rules (HMRs) based on interoperability requirements
- Upgrades, troubleshooting and consultancy in these areas.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and testing of Oracle SBC, SIP to Integrated Access Devices (IADs), and SIP to PBX technologies.
- Implementation and support of Oracle SBC hardware & Software, including Oracle Communications Operations Manager (OCOM).
- Perform system maintenances, upgrades and migrations.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressive unified communications experience.
- Excellent knowledge of SIP signaling and call-flows.
- Experience in SIP internetworking
- Experience in troubleshooting large scale VoIP networks.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and implementing VoIP technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) including G.711 and G.729 codecs, and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF).
- Experience with Oracle SBCs and Cisco CUBEs
- Installation/Maintenance/Administration of Avaya systems
- Experience with Oracle Communications Operations Monitoring tool (OCOM)
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Knowledge and Skills:
- Oracle Communications Session Border Controller Implementation Essentials certification (Exam code: 1Z0-400).
- Acme Packet Certified Professional Network Engineer (ACP-N) certification
- 3 to 5 years of experience in administering, engineering and troubleshooting Cisco/Oracle voice infrastructure
- 3 to 5 years of experience in implementing and troubleshooting large scale Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service (QoS) and Differentiated Services Code Point.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.