Leidos Engineering seeks a highly motivated, Electrical Engineer Intern to work in our Honolulu, HI location. The Electrical Engineer Intern will typically support one or more senior engineers in performance of design related assignments associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities.
This position offers a variety of opportunities, including, but not limited to:
• experiencing a professional work environment
• performing a variety of routine engineering tasks
• developing basic engineering principles and techniques in design
• learning to apply engineering principles to practical engineering problems
• performing basic engineering calculations
• learning to use engineering software applications
• learning to make, read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
• Complete tasks and assignments based on direction provided by senior engineers
• Participate in site investigations to assess existing conditions, identify potential constructability issues, and develop possible solutions
• Perform engineering calculations and analyses
• Learn to apply industry codes and standards to the design process
• Prepare design drawings suitable for use in installing equipment and constructing facilities
• Develop bill of materials for each project
Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with approved project scope, schedule and budget.
Required Education & Experience:
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Electrical Engineering degree program
• Prior intern experience within the Power Engineering sector a plus
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• Detail oriented with attention to quality
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
• High level of computer competency
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.