Leidos is seeking a Cyber Threat Intel Analyst in either Vicksburg, MS, or Hillsboro, OR (preferred). Alternatively the following locations may be available for the right candidate, Hanover, NH, Pittsburgh, PA, DC, Atlanta, GA, Ohama, NE, Fort Worth,TX, Seattle, WA, Champaign, IL . Periodic telework is available.
Performs as the Technical SME in area of cyber threat intelligence. Incorporates threat intelligence into countermeasures to detect and prevent intrusions and malware infestation.
Identifies threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures and based on indicators develops custom signatures and blocks.
Interacts with the ACE-IT CIRT for incident response, recovery, and prevention. Interacts with the ACE-IT SOC and NOC personnel to maximize cyber threat prevention measures, enhance audit and logging standards, and enforce and monitor effective cyber security policies and configurations and security event management within the logging and SIEM infrastructure.
• Implement the core Security Intelligence Center (SIC) concepts (SOC vs. SIC, Cyber Kill Chain, APT)
• Have a strong understanding of the enterprise network and how each component contributes to Security Intelligence
• Have a strong understanding of the tools & techniques necessary to efficiently identify trends and extract indicators from large data sources
• Understand and employ the Cyber Kill Chain
• Know the importance how to be in control of the adversary’s intrusion steps
• Know how to identify and create mitigations for the Cyber Kill Chain grid
• Understand the concept of APT
• Understand what makes APT different than traditional cyber threats (more examples)
• Know examples of specific intrusion techniques used by APT adversaries
• Recognize what you’ll need to know to prevent or identify APT intrusions
• Understand key networking concepts relevant to the Security Intelligence process
• Understand key forensics and incident response concepts critical to the Security Intelligence process
• Understand and work with various categories of electronic evidence including media, email, and networks
• Study the detection and prevention of intrusion and attacks
• Understand structured digital evidence collection and evaluation
• Identify network architectures and select network components
• Implement a full network infrastructure including routers, switches, gateways, and firewalls
• Configure network devices and optimize network performance
• Maintain network devices, design, and infrastructure
• Understand concepts of packet analysis
• Examine different methods of policy creation, implement a security policy and create a policy document
• Navigate the command line using specific expressions to manipulate data
• Handle and organize disparate data about detections, attacks, and attackers
• Discovery techniques and vetting of new intelligence
• Build better actionable intelligence from data
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 6 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience.
Relevant Experience required: Computer network defense technologies and Cyber Kill Chain
- Threat actor TTP and indicator identification using large data sources.
- Custom signature development
- Packet analysis
Clearance: Must possess a current/active Top Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
Desired Certifications and Skills:
GCIH, GCFA, GREM, CISSP, CEH
Windows and Linux operating systems, ArcSight, Scripting languages (PERL; Powershell, etc),
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.