Leidos’ Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an ETL / Database Developer to support an exciting project at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). The positions will be located in the Bethesda, Maryland vicinity.
The successful candidate will work in an agile and fast paced environment supporting NIH scientists, researchers and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems. The Developer will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with analysts and other technologists to ensure applications and tools meet the mission requirements. Individual must be a motivated, self-driven team player who interacts well with others, and is a good communicator with the ability to communicate technical results to the team and advise/consult with other team members on project related issues.
The successful candidate will participate in all development activities such as research, design, development and maintenance of several web-based systems.
The Developer will be responsible for performing complex development tasks involving large SQL Server databases and supporting dependent applications and maintenance efforts. Must be very detail-oriented with strong development and unit testing skills, and work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data in multiple database environments.
The candidate must have experience with SQL/T-SQL, DTS/SSIS and Team Foundation Server (TFS). The candidate will need to be able to monitor, identify, and be proactive in advising and responding to events such as changes to external data sources or “end of life” for existing technologies.
Demonstrated experience upgrading databases and porting data is required. Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL, and other technologies are also relevant to this environment.
Applicants will qualify for the Developer position with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as related experience to include web development using C #, SQL/TSQL, SQL Server, and Team Foundation Server.
Suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable. Experience may have been gained before, during or after degree. Applicants must supply specifics on directly-related experience and qualifications as indicated above in resumes and cover letters to be considered for a position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor's degree in a related technical field and 8+ years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) or a Master's Degree in a related technical field and 5+ years of related experience.
- Must have experience developing database applications in.NET Framework, using SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 with SQL/T-SQl, DTS/SSIS
- Must be familiar with Object Oriented Design and use of Design Patterns
- Must be familiar with ETL Development tools.
- Must be experienced in SQL, PostgreSQL.
- Must have strong Data analysis experience.
- Must have strong ETL Development on SSIS etc.
- Must have experience in designing the solutions for architecture review.
- Must have experience in Must have experience developing and maintaining system design documentation
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Proven ability to do critical analysis to determine root cause in a complex environment while weighing the pressure of availability for a mission critical system
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
- Must be able to understand the business uses of data and develop designs and specifications to meet those requirements
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
- Prior experience working on Federal grants management systems
- UML and database design
- CMMI process experience
- Production support experience
- Experience working with the following technologies and platforms is a plus: Java, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Talend and SQL Server.
- Experience in database migration to Cloud.
- Experience in Azure Data Factory /PostgreSQL and SQL Server.
- Experience in BIML.
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.